Take a look at the most common reasons behind poor performance and the best ways to deal with them here. Then name your backup file and choose where to put it. Go to Advanced options and select Command Prompt. Select Troubleshoot when the list of options appears.
Check Restore-related Services
Therefore, make some time for a nice backup. You can move your files to a cloud solution or an external storage device or even migrate them to another laptop, but unfortunately, these methods are ridiculously time-consuming.
- Now, on all of my systems I have a secondary drive that I use for storage and point the User Documents, Download, Music, Videos, and Picture directories.
- I have been lucky so far with my Windows 10 upgrades.
- My OS drive (root and/or C) only contains the OS and programs.
- I then on a few wikidll.com/microsoft/mfc100u-dll systems performed a reset wiping everything for a complete fresh load of Windows 10.
- I have currently upgraded 16 systems ranging from laptops, desktops, and Surface tablets.
Having restarted your PC in Safe Mode, try to run System Restore. If it is problem-free now, consider undoing recent system changes or uninstalling new software – something must be interfering with the System Restore feature when your PC is in its usual mode.
Move to System and Security and select the File History option. Select the Create a restore point option from the list. The point is, in Windows 10, the System Restore feature is disabled by default. So, you might have forgotten to turn it on. To begin with, let’s secure your personal files – losing them permanently won’t do you any good, you know.
During the restore process your PC will shut down and boot again, that is normal. In the System Configuration window, select second tab Boot and check Safe boot, then check Minimal option. This PC module is used to recover data from the logically damaged partitions, formatted partitions, and RAW partitions.